Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Project Selection - Magazine

Choosing the magazine project would be a new experience that would be beneficial to my technical skills in photo editing. Over my high school years, I have become certified in two forms of CAD (Solidworks and Inventor), Photoshop, and Microsoft Office. While I wouldn't become certified in any new software, it would be a great chance to strengthen my photo editing skills with the inclusion of Adobe InDesign. Another positive would be the reporting. Although it wouldn't be like the Washington Post reporting on Watergate, I would love the chance to publish a magazine that had some kind of investigation behind it whether its an interview or finding a source for a topic. This hunt for the correct information is something that has always fascinated me about the news world. The best example of this is Season 2 of Newsroom when dealing with finding sources for Operation Genoa, although the final results were unethical and illegal. The idea of reporting the news through a form of media is a topic i have always wanted to try and the magazine would be a perfect opportunity to try and produce a magazine worth reading. The final interest of mine that is peaked by the magazine is designing of each page complimenting each other. When doing a magazine analysis on the Game Informer I realized how each page blended into each other with themes and designs that worked to create an entire section that was vibrant, colorful, and fit the topic extremely well (example below).

No comments:

Post a Comment